Ian Pack, creator of the Gel Clip, has come out with a new gear accessory that might make your next photo shoot a little easier; the 1420 VAL Spigot. This is a threaded stud connector (like you'd find on the end of a light stand) that is capable of attaching to the end of a common painter's extension pole. If you've ever needed someone to manage the position of your off-camera flash while you were busy shooting, you'll know why something like this can come in handy.
Pack has been developing this product for awhile. Early in 2014 he added a ¼” 20 turn UNC thread to the ⅝” 16mm spigot making it even more versatile, opening up a whole range of additional products and accessories that can be used with it.
- Standard 16mm 5/8" Spigot
- Standard 1/4" 20 UNC thread
- Inline and transverse 3/4" holes for attaching to painters extension poles etc
- M6 x 20 thumb screw for secure ﬁxing to extension pole etc
- Lightweight aluminium weighing less than 80g/3.5oz
- 80mm long x 30mm diameter approximately!